About This Episode
In this episode Beauty maven and founder of Georgia by Jodie Patterson, Jodie Patterson explains her take for the 4 day work week for Moms and how organization is more important than balance.
About Jodie Patterson
Jodie owns and creative directs the beauty company Georgia By Jodie Patterson. She is a hands-on mother of five and an “award-winning wife”. Jodie has built a brand around the philosophy Beauty Is Simple and she lives true to those words, daily. From entertainment to fashion to beauty, and throughout her career, Jodie is known to bring niche culture to the popular eye. Previously, she worked in the fashion and entertainment industries for ten years. Most notably, Jodie helped launch the acclaimed Joe’s Pub at the Public Theater and developed the internal PR department for the fashion designer Zac Posen as his Director of Public Relations. She’s worked with brands such as Nike, Teen People, Lenny Kravitz, Virgin Records, Lincoln Center and Sean John. Jodie is dedicated to helping women find their own inner and outer beauty.
The name Georgia is near and dear to Jodie's heart. Jodie named her beauty company after her eldest daughter, Georgia.
About Karyn Parsons
Karyn Parsons is best known as the character “Hilary Banks” on the long-running television show, “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Today she is a wife and mother of two. Parsons is also the Founder and President of the Sweet Blackberry foundation after being inspired by the true tale of a determined slave and the remarkable lengths he travelled to find his freedom. While growing up, Parsons' mother, a librarian in the Black Resource Center of a library in South Central Los Angeles, would share stories of African-American accomplishment with her daughter. A mother and activist, Karyn created Sweet Blackberry to use the power of stories to inspire youth. Follow her on Twitter @Karyn_Parsons.
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Mommy-To-Be: Pregnancy In 3 Stages
- Episode 2: The Truth About Breastfeeding
- Episode 3: Delivery Debate: Natural Birth Vs. C-Section
- Episode 4: The Perfect Mother's Day Gift
- Episode 5: Actress Kym Whitley Talks New Baby & Food Allergies for Kids
- Episode 6: Keeping Your Child Entertained This Summer Without TV
- Episode 7: Ask a Black Father | Mommy in Chief Father's Day Special
- Episode 8: Building Your Child's Self Esteem
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Busy Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women's Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!