October 15, 2012 ‐ By Madame Noire
About This EpisodeMadeline Nelson, Senior Vice President of A&R at Sony, gives her take of the joys and challenges of being a single mom in New York City with a hectic career. Plus we chat with Madeline about her tips on raising an athletic pre-teen son.
About Madeline NelsonMadeline Nelson is a single mom to a fantastic 12 year old son named, TJ. She is also a busy mom balancing motherhood and career as she is currently the VP of A&R, Artist and Label Relations at Sony Music. Her responsibilities at work include developing and nurturing new talent in coordination with the A&R teams across three labels: RCA, Columbia, and Epic. Prior to Sony, she worked at Urban Zen, Donna Karan’s non-profit where she served as VP of Foundation Operations. Prior to that she also was a Project Manager at Steve Stoute’s marketing, Translation, LLC. She has served as a VP of Music Operations for New Jack Swing Productions/Interscope Records, where she managed hit-makers BlackStreet and worked with other talents such as Gwen Stefani, Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams.
About Karyn ParsonsKaryn Parsons is best known as the character “Hilary Banks” on the long-running television show, “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Today she is a wife and mother of two. Parsons is also the Founder and President of the Sweet Blackberry foundation after being inspired by the true tale of a determined slave and the remarkable lengths he travelled to find his freedom. While growing up, Parsons’ mother, a librarian in the Black Resource Center of a library in South Central Los Angeles, would share stories of African-American accomplishment with her daughter. A mother and activist, Karyn created Sweet Blackberry to use the power of stories to inspire youth. Follow her on Twitter @Karyn_Parsons.
Want More Mommy In Chief? Watch these episodes:
- Episode 1: Mommy-To-Be: Pregnancy In 3 Stages
- Episode 2: The Truth About Breastfeeding
- Episode 3: Delivery Debate: Natural Birth Vs. C-Section
- Episode 4: The Perfect Mother’s Day Gift
- Episode 5: Actress Kym Whitley Talks New Baby & Food Allergies for Kids
- Episode 6: Keeping Your Child Entertained This Summer Without TV
- Episode 7: Ask a Black Father | Mommy in Chief Father’s Day Special
- Episode 8: Building Your Child’s Self Esteem
- Episode 1: Are You A Good Enough Mother?
- Episode 2: New Motherhood and Balancing A Busy Work Life
- Episode 3: How to Decorate an Eco-Friendly Baby Nursery
- Episode 4: Foodie, Nicole Friday on Kids and Career
- Episode 5: Melissa Beck, From Hollywood to Stay At Home Mom
- Episode 6: Single Mom in The City
- Episode 7: Mommy Mogul and Marketing Wiz Monique Jackson at Home With Her Boys
- Episode 8: Beauty Maven Jodie Patterson Talks Four-Day Work Week for Moms
- Episode 9: Tonya Lewis Lee on Motherhood and the Importance of Women’s Health
- Episode 1: Back 2 School
- Episode 2: Happy Halloween
- Episode 3: Socially Responsible Kids
- Episode 4: Money Talks
- Episode 5: Keeping Families Healthy
- Episode 6: Thanksgiving Madness
- Episode 7: Highlights and Best Moments
- Episode 8: Stylish Moms
- Episode 9: Best Apps for Moms
- Episode 10: Socialite Kids
- Episode 11: Hair Talk with AfroBella
- Episode 12: Happy New Year!
More from Styleblazer
More from Mommynoire
“It Was Disgusting To Watch”: Kenya On RHOA Fight; NeNe Says Show Producers Ignored Porsha’s Request For Kenya’s Props To Be Removed
‘You’ve Got To Embrace What You’ve Got:’ Garcelle Beauvais Encourages Women To Love Themselves At Any Size
Comment Disclaimer: Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN