From Black Voices
NEW YORK — New York City officials have apologized for sending a collection letter to a man who was killed by a police cruiser, billing him $710 for the damage his body did to the vehicle.
Tamon Robinson died in April during a police chase in Brooklyn. Officers had caught the 23-year-old digging up paving stones, and he was fleeing on foot when he was hit by the cruiser.
Read more at BlackVocies.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Cuz I Said So! Celebs We Don’t Like…Just Because We Don’t!
- The Great Interrogation: How To Answer A Woman’s Toughest Questions
- “N***as Be Stressing”: Chris Brown Documents His Love For Two Women …& They Respond
- C’Mon Now: Black Celebrities That White Folks Mistake For One Another (But They DON’T Look Alike…)
- Where Are They Now? Contestants from “The White Rapper Show” & “Miss Rap Supreme”
- Sorry Boo! Mean Thoughts All Women Have About Their Boyfriend Eventually
- This Battle Is Not Yours! Don’t Let These Tiny Things Ruin Your Relationship