As If! Stacey Dash And The Cast Of “Clueless” Reunite
Confession: I love this movie!
When Clueless came out in 1995, you could not tell me I was not Stacey Dash among my group of white girlfriends in catholic school, and 17 years later I will still bust this movie out from time to time on a Saturday, no lie. For it’s special “reunion issue,” Entertainment Weekly got the popular crew back together from Cher (Alicia Silverstone), Josh (Paul Rudd), Dionne (Stacey Dash) and Murry (Donald Faison), to Christian (Jeremy Sisto), Travis (Breckin Meye), and even the full-on Monet Amber (Elisa Donovan).
The cast talked about how the movie essentially made all of their careers (even if attitudes, ahem, have gotten in the way for some of them along the way), and they talked about crazy it is that a movie that was expected to be a bust is still a cult classic almost 20 years later. Here are a few of the “secrets” behind the film that the cast revealed during their EW photo shoot and interview:
*Stacey Dash, who plays Cher’s best friend Dionne, was hardly a teenager at the time. “I was 27, and I was playing this high school student,” says Dash, “and I had a son at home who was six years old.”
*Everybody’s expectations were low. Says Faison, “When we were making the movie, you don’t think the movie’s going to be good. You think, I’m making the next License to Drive. You think this movie’s going to be just for teenagers and that’s it.”
*Over the years, the film’s cult following has come up with some odd interpretations of the film. “Someone came up to me once and — very serious and teary-eyed — said, ‘I just want you to know that when I saw Clueless and I saw Travis decide to go into a 12-step program, that’s when I decided to get sober.’ There was a part of me that was like, ‘Wow, that’s amazing.’ And there was another part of me that was like, ‘Are you serious? Because I’m pretty sure Travis might have relapsed. But I’m happy you found that.’”
Are you a closet “Clueless” fan?
More on Madame Noire!
- Cuz I Said So! Celebs We Don’t Like…Just Because We Don’t!
- The Great Interrogation: How To Answer A Woman’s Toughest Questions
- “N***as Be Stressing”: Chris Brown Documents His Love For Two Women …& They Respond
- C’Mon Now: Black Celebrities That White Folks Mistake For One Another (But They DON’T Look Alike…)
- Where Are They Now? Contestants from “The White Rapper Show” & “Miss Rap Supreme”
- Sorry Boo! Mean Thoughts All Women Have About Their Boyfriend Eventually
- This Battle Is Not Yours! Don’t Let These Tiny Things Ruin Your Relationship