Queen Latifah May Not Be Team Nicki Or Mariah, But She Will Say This: “You Gotta Respect Your Elders”
At the end of last week, Anderson Cooper had a few ladies from the cast of the all-black “Steel Magnolias” remake on his show and though most of the segment was about the movie, Anderson also had a bit of a one-on-one with Queen Latifah to ask about all the projects she’s working on. The Queen is rumored to be wanted as a replacement judge for Sharon Osbourne on “America’s Got Talent,” which prompted Andy Cohen and Anderson to ask Queen Latifah how she feels about these reality competition shows, and more importantly the amped up beef that’s brewing between Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj on “American Idol.” When Anderson asked whether she’s #TeamNicki or #TeamMariah, Queen Latifah said this:
“I would definitely not take sides in ignorance, but that’s really not about them. At the end of the day they are both blessed to be in the position that they are….but Mariah? C’mon now. We’re talking about a hundred million right there. You gotta respect your elders to a point. That’s a grand diva, but I love Nicki too.”
Unfortunately, I think support for grand diva Mariah Carey is starting to dwindle just a bit, as she appears to be milking this situation for all it’s worth, calling in to “The View” to tell Barbara Walters Nicki Minaj threatened to shoot her and now she’s beefed up her security. Sigh.
Thankfully, the ladies of “Steel Magnolias” can prove drama doesn’t always have to unfold when multiple women are on-set together. After the one-on-one with Queen, Anderson also chatted with Jill Scott, Phylicia Rashad, and Alfre Woodard about their Lifetime original movie and they were all smiles. By the way, did you catch the remake premiere last night? Check out the clip from their appearance on Anderson’s talk show here.
What do you think about Queen Latifah’s respect your elder’s response?
More on Madame Noire!
- Cuz I Said So! Celebs We Don’t Like…Just Because We Don’t!
- The Great Interrogation: How To Answer A Woman’s Toughest Questions
- “N***as Be Stressing”: Chris Brown Documents His Love For Two Women …& They Respond
- C’Mon Now: Black Celebrities That White Folks Mistake For One Another (But They DON’T Look Alike…)
- Where Are They Now? Contestants from “The White Rapper Show” & “Miss Rap Supreme”
- Sorry Boo! Mean Thoughts All Women Have About Their Boyfriend Eventually
- This Battle Is Not Yours! Don’t Let These Tiny Things Ruin Your Relationship