Between work, kids and scheduling life, there is no time to talk. As a result, the only time couples can really communicate is at the dinner table.
While dinnertime is ideal for sharing stories about day, it isn’t a wonderful time to bring up unresolved issues. When couples who make little time for each other finally sit down to dinner, they frequently find that either they don’t have anything to talk about, or they end up in a heated argument.
As a clinical sexologist and marriage counselor,I say clear the dining table, get a babysitter for the evening and make mad passionate love instead of eating at all. Of course, this is a lot easier said than done, especially considering that 50 percent of married couples do not engage in sexual intercourse regularly ,and many find themselves in sexless marriages. It’s no wonder there is so much tension during dinner with all of the sexual frustration running about!
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated!? 11 Celebrity Couples You Might Have Forgotten About
- What Makes Me A Hoe? And Other Questions About How Women Are Unfairly Labelled
- Is It Time To Call Tyrone? 14 Ways To Know Whether Your Relationship Is Worth Fixing Or Nixing
- Loose Lipped Lovers: 10 Celeb Men Who Kiss & Tell
- We Love You Essence, But We’re Going To Need You To Get Some New Cover Subjects
- There’s Just Something About R. Kelly: Can We Hate The Sin, And Not The Sinner?
- Caught Up In College: A Cuffing Season Tale