Nene Leakes Says She’s Got Her Life: “I Am The Queen of Transitioning From Reality To Scripted”
From The Grio
NeNe Leakes has been able to successfully parlay her notoriety as a reality star into a serious acting career. The Real Housewives of Atlanta cast member currently appears in NBC’s breakout scripted comedy The New Normal.
The show is about a blended family of a gay couple and woman who serves as their surrogate as they attempt to have a child. NeNe stars as Rocky, the assistant to one of the gay men. The New Normal is headed up by Ryan Murphy, who also is the creator and executive producer of Glee, where NeNe made her debut as a TV actress just earlier this year.
Read more at The Grio
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “The Wiz”
- One Time It Wouldn’t Hurt To Think Like A Man: The Take It Or Leave It Attitude
- Power Couples With Half The Fame: Celebrities With Non-Famous Partners
- Single Black Male: Why Do Men “Settle?”
- Evening Eye Candy: Ryan Reynolds
- No Need To Wonder: 15 Signs You’re Just A Toy To Him
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints