BFFs No More: Understanding The End Of A Long Friendship
From Hello Beautiful
Recently, I had to come to grips with the fact that the once 13-year friendship/sisterhood between a childhood friend and me is no longer existent. There’s a bitter tension stemming from only God knows where and why. I first noticed the separation when we went to different colleges.
Admittedly, I was one busy bee in undergrad. In addition to all the step shows, Greek parties and games that come along with HBCU life, I also had an internship every year, worked a part-time job, was initiated into my Sorority and senior year I reigned as the University queen. My days were full and it definitely took away from the time that I could chat for hours with old friends. But like all of my other friends, who too were in college, I just expected her to understand undergrad life. Whenever we did get around to conversing, I thought we’d be able to just pick up where we left off, like close girlfriends do. And for a while we did, but not for long.
Read more at Hello Beautiful
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “The Wiz”
- One Time It Wouldn’t Hurt To Think Like A Man: The Take It Or Leave It Attitude
- Power Couples With Half The Fame: Celebrities With Non-Famous Partners
- Single Black Male: Why Do Men “Settle?”
- Evening Eye Candy: Ryan Reynolds
- No Need To Wonder: 15 Signs You’re Just A Toy To Him
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints