Whoever busted out Lil Scrappy about being on probation during the “Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta” reunion straight foreshadowed the rapper’s current legal situation. According to Scrappy’s Twitter timeline and TMZ, he has been locked up for a probation violation, but it’s not because he was fighting on the show, it sounds like it has something to do with narcotics.
As TMZ tells it, Scrappy was picked up on the side of the road in Atlanta and brought in for this reason:
Scrappy is on probation stemming from a marijuana conviction in 2008.
He was sentenced to 5 years probation for the weed bust … and was ordered to abstain from the use or possession of any alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs.
He was also ordered to complete an alcohol/drug education program and was ordered to perform 240 hours of community service.
According to official records … at the time Scrappy was arrested for weed, he was also popped for carrying a concealed weapon, obstruction of officers and fighting. He was sentenced to 1 year probation for each of those offenses, but they ran concurrently.
Oddly, Scrappy (or someone running his page) tweeted the arrest news at 5:15pm yesterday, writing:
Around 11pm last night, his management sent out the following message:
Lil Scrappy is OK, we’re working to get him out asap. Please keep him in your prayers. (Management)
There’s no update yet on whether Scrappy is still behind bars, I just wonder whether his ride-or-die fiancee Erica has his back through this — if not we know Mama Dee is going to clown. Welp, #FreeLilScrappy
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “The Wiz”
- One Time It Wouldn’t Hurt To Think Like A Man: The Take It Or Leave It Attitude
- Power Couples With Half The Fame: Celebrities With Non-Famous Partners
- Single Black Male: Why Do Men “Settle?”
- Evening Eye Candy: Ryan Reynolds
- No Need To Wonder: 15 Signs You’re Just A Toy To Him
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints