We’re a bit late with this news, but last week LL Cool J’s father passed away. On Thursday, the rapper tweeted a message to his father James Nunya, who was 65 at the time he died, saying:
According to Rolling Out, LL was raised by his mother, Ondrea Smith, after his parents divorced when he was 4. It would appear his father James was still a big part of his life from the tweet LL sent out. The rapper didn’t share any details regarding the cause of death, only sending out a follow up message to thank his fans for their prayers and thoughts. We’re definitely praying for him and his family at this time.
More on Madame Noire!
- Solid As A Rock! Couples Who Are BANNED From Calling It Quits
- Don’t Be Scaaaaared! 6 Ways to Approach a Guy
- Man I Miss My Dog: Why It Sucks Cutting Opposite-Sex Friendships When You’re In A Relationship
- Is He Who He Says He Is? 6 Ways To Research Your Man
- Girl, Just Say “Thank You”: How I Realized That I Wasn’t Good At Accepting Compliments
- Change Clothes: Can You Go From “Friends With Benefits” to “Wifey”?
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints