Despite the reality TV overload we’re dealing with I’m actually pretty happy about this news, especially if it means T-Boz will now be able to get her finances in order.
TMZ is reporting that TLC group member Tionne “T-Boz” Watkins will be getting her own reality show, ironically on TLC (The Learning Channel), called “Totally T-Boz.”
Sources close to the production tell TMZ … the network has ordered four episodes of Watkins’ reality show called “Totally T-Boz” which will air on TLC in 2013…
We’re told the show will focus on the 42-year-old single mom as she tries to re-launch her music career … after recovering from the life-threatening brain tumor she was diagnosed with in 2006.
The brain tumor was so bad, once it was removed, T-Boz had to relearn how to walk and talk.
We’re told, the show will star her daughter, brother, cousins and friends … and is currently filming in Atlanta.
In addition to the brain tumor T-Boz suffered through in 2006, she has also been dealing with sickle cell anemia for most of her life, going public with her illness in 1996. Financial troubles have also taxed T-Boz heavily in the last couple of years with the singer filing for Bankruptcy in 2011. In August she also sold her home, which was threatened with foreclosure in 2008, but for only half the value. This short reality series coupled with the TLC biopic VH1 has in the works could really help T-Boz get back on her feet in more ways than one.
What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Solid As A Rock! Couples Who Are BANNED From Calling It Quits
- Don’t Be Scaaaaared! 6 Ways to Approach a Guy
- Man I Miss My Dog: Why It Sucks Cutting Opposite-Sex Friendships When You’re In A Relationship
- Is He Who He Says He Is? 6 Ways To Research Your Man
- Girl, Just Say “Thank You”: How I Realized That I Wasn’t Good At Accepting Compliments
- Change Clothes: Can You Go From “Friends With Benefits” to “Wifey”?
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints