Though “Love & Hip-Hop Atlanta’s” first season is a wrap, the cast members are still making their media rounds to discuss everything that went down on camera. Street Disciplez caught up with Mimi Faust to see what her life is like now that her world essentially got turned upside down — though no one truly believes she didn’t know Stevie was a dog before this show. But anyway, here are a few highlights of her chat, namely her rationale for “sticking” by Stevie and returning for another season.
Filming season 1
It was terrible. It was absolutely awful.
Why she stuck with Stevie J after the show
Misconception. I didn’t stick with anything. That’s what people don’t know. I didn’t stick with anything…just because we went to therapy or you guys saw us at the park doesn’t mean I stuck with him.
Since she didn’t enjoy season 1 will she not be back for season 2
I wouldn’t say that at all. I didn’t enjoy season 1 because everything was a surprise to me. I watched it unravel and unfold just like everyone else on Monday night.
How her life has changed.
It’s bizarre. Weird men come up to me in the grocery store saying, “I wouldn’t cheat on you, Baby.”
Why after 15 years together, she only had three boxes of stuff to give back to Stevie
For scene purposes, we just took three boxes and put them in a truck so I could do the scene instead of me waiting to call 2 Men and a Truck.
Is she seeing anybody
No I’m not seeing anybody. I need a break
If she’s finally off Stevie J’s bus
I was never on Stevie J’s bus. Let’s be clear.
Is she a bad example for black women
I’m showing a young black woman how to do something different if she is in a bad situation.
How she’ll explain the show to her daughter when she’s older
It’ simple. You tell me one person who had a perfect life with a perfect relationship. Things happen in life…This is my situation.
Check out the rest of the interview here. Do you think Mimi needs to come back for second season?
Street Disciplez radio show
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Forgotten, Familiar and Favorite Faces From Some Of Our Favorite Spike Lee Joints
- Nothing Dries Up Panties Faster Than A Man With Bad Grammar
- So You Don’t Want To Get Married Because It’s Hard Work And Sacrifice, Isn’t Everything Else In Life?
- Kim K. And I Have Something In Common: I Don’t Want To Be A Crazy Cat Lady Either!
- “Don’t Be Talkin’ Crazy About Me”: K. Michelle Says These Days She’s About Her Business
- Magazine Cover Curse: 9 Couples Who Shared Their Love With Us And Ended Up Yesterday’s News
- From Dropping It Like It’s Hot To Oscars: 10 Celebrities Who Got Their Video Vixen On Before Making It Big (Fellas Too!)