I knew Lala was a loyal friend from watching her with her girls on her VH1 reality show, but she stepped up her loyalty game a bit on her appearance on The Breakfast Club this morning. A few years ago, Lala and Kim Kardashian seemed to be pretty tight but I can’t recall seeing the two out together in a long time, at least for the sake of publicity. Regardless, Lala had her back today when a caller dialed in to the show to ask her whether people look at her like a wh*re because she hangs with Kim, based on a personal ordeal she’s having with a friend. To put it lightly, Lala didn’t appreciate the birds of a feather question, and that prompted her to say this:
First of all, We joke around and have fun but I am really starting to get a little tired of people calling her that to me because if I was calling your friend a wh*re you wouldn’t like that would you? No matter what people’s perceptions are, I know my friend and I know her heart and who she is and she’s not a wh*re. We are all grown now! I can’t be responsible for what people think about other people, I go by how a person treats me and she’s always been an amazing person to me.
As far as your situation is concerned, the same thing applies. We are all grown. If your friend has a bad rep, you can’t take responsibility for what your friend does, so you shouldn’t be grouped in that category because of what she does, you can only be responsible for your own actions.
I’m pretty sure no one will ever ask Lala that question again after she went “Brooklyn on ‘em,” as Charlamagne said.
A commenter on NecoleBitchie made an interesting observation on the situation when she said, “Lala stays sticking up for this broad when I have yet to hear Kim K even call Lala a friend,” but I guess Lala knows who her girls are. By the way, here’s the definition she gave of what a ho*e is during the interview, I’ll let ya’ll decide if Kim measures up.
“I think a h*e is someone who has no morals or values when they do what they do. So I think a hoe is breaking up [a home]– knows a person is married and is messing with him. I don’t think a hoe is someone that sleeps around because if you are single and enjoying yourself, that is what you are suppose to do.”
More on Madame Noire!
- Wait, How Did You Get That Role? 14 Of The Crappiest Casting Calls in Black Films and TV
- What’s Up With The Egg Freezing Reality TV Fad?
- Magazine Cover Curse: 9 Couples Who Shared Their Love With Us And Ended Up Yesterday’s News
- Cute Baby Alert: See Diana Ross’s New Grandbaby, And Kimbella’s Growing Baby Girl, Bella!
- Romantic, Cheesy or Somewhere In Between? 7 Corny Moves People Think Are Romantic
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By