From The Grio
Twenty years after groundbreaking series The Cosby Show ended in 1992, Tempestt Bledsoe has returned to NBC in the Jimmy Fallon-produced sitcom Guys with Kids to play Marny, the working mother of four kids and wife of stay-at-home dad Gary, played by Anthony Anderson. Slated for Wednesday night, the second episode of Guys with Kids kicks off September 26.
Bledsoe’s Vanessa left an indelible mark. Smart — wise beyond her years, even — Vanessa possessed the many positive qualities a lot of people recognized in their own daughters, granddaughters, sisters and nieces. But, as thankful as the Chicago native is to have been the vessel for Vanessa Huxtable, that role was far from her last act. Shortly after the show ended, Bledsoe helmed her own self-titled talk show. In the last decade especially, her career has been a mix of acting and reality gigs. Actually, the FOX reality series Househusbands of Hollywood that she starred in alongside her longtime love Darryl Bell, better known as Ron Johnson from A Different World, bears a great resemblance to Guys with Kids. She also hosted Clean House.
Read more at The Grio
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By