By now we all know that Madonna can be a bit out there. Especially when it comes to her stage performances. You know humping the stage in a tattered wedding dress, stripping, doing cartwheels with the likes of M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj. You never know quite what you’re going to get when you spend a night with Madge.
Last night, in Washington D.C. was no different.
In the middle of her concert, the pop icon endorsed President Obama, even writing “Obama” on her back. She told the crowd:
“Y’all better vote for f**king Obama, OK? For better or worse, all right? We have a black Muslim in the White House. Now that’s some amazing Shyte. It means there is hope in this country. And Obama is fighting for gay rights, so support the man, goddamnit.”
Maybe since Madonna had been overseas for so long she’s a bit out of touch with what’s going on stateside. While it would be great for this country to get to a point where we can elect a Muslim, President Obama is not that dude. In fact, the rumor that he ever was or is still a Muslim is one that many believe was another tactic his opponents (and the Tea Party) used in an attempt to discredit him.
Madge, have you been listening to the Tea Partiers?
If I were interested in developing some type of conspiracy theory, I could argue that Madonna was trying to underhandedly sabotage President Obama’s reelection campaign; but since I’m not (today), I just chalk it up to a huge, ignorant slip.
Are you surprised Madonna is lending her support to President Obama’s campaign? Do you think her slip will hurt him politically?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By