From the sounds of things, marriage has moved up pretty high on Gloria Govan and Matt Barnes’ list of priorities, so much so that the couple secretly got married over the weekend — let the Las Vegas Review Journal tell it.
In their sightings section, the journal reported that on Saturday someone saw:
“Matt Barnes of the Los Angeles Clippers, marrying Gloria Mendoza-Govan on Sunday at the Little Church of the West with teammate DeAndre Jordan serving as best man.”
Stranger things have happened I suppose.
When we got deep into Gloria and Matt’s lives on “Basketball Wives LA” they were chugging along on the struggle bus of love, several years and a set of twins later. Their relationship hung on after they called off their engagement but at the end of the premiere season of BBWLA they went their separate ways. Eight months later, the pair decided to give it another go with Matt opting not to appear on the reality TV show for the sake of their union. If the rumor that these two tied the knot this weekend proves true, it sounds like that was definitely a smart move.
So far, man nor his alleged wife have responded to the rumors, but the marriage license NecoleBitchie obtained might say it all.
Are you surprised these two supposedly got hitched?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By