Breezy got a big break in court yesterday, thanks to the man upstairs, by way of a few prayers from Rihanna. Though the domestic altercation between Chris and Rih Rih happened three years ago, his legal dealings are still nowhere near over, but his ex-girlfriend still has his back and it appears to be helping. As TMZ recounts the situation:
Chris was just in court for a probation progress report hearing in his felony battery of Rihanna — and according to probation report docs … Brown failed a drug test on June 18 in Virginia, where he was fulfilling his court ordered community service.
According to probation report, Chris told his probation officer he had smoked weed in California — where he has a medical marijuana prescription — and then failed the test in Virginia, where weed is illegal … prescription or no prescription.
Judge Patricia Schnegg said she never ordered Brown to undergo mandatory drug testing as part of his probation, so she cut him a break … this time … letting him off with a stern reminder to obey all laws.
Not bad. Or perhaps I should say well done, which is likely the reaction Rihanna had to the news. Before Chris’s court appearance, she sent out some very reassuring – and rather public – messages of support:
Chris isn’t totally off the hook just yet. According to TMZ, Judge Schnegg ordered Brown to meet with his probation officer within 72 hours to sort out a discrepancy in community service hours, but that’s a small hurdle compared to the one he just surpassed. I’m sure he can expect more encouragement from Rihanna in those dealings too.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By