It took me a while to warm up to avocado. I distinctly remember my first introduction being someone scooping it out of it’s shell and eating it like ice cream. My face nearly turned as green as the avocado itself. But after doing some research and learning all the wonderful benefits of this amazing food, it’s become a big part of my diet. And not only does it contribute to a healthy diet, but it can also be used externally in mixtures, moisturizers, and masks to keep hair and skin beautiful. Read it. Try it. Love it. Embrace the avocado! For all the recipes, choose a ripened avocado that has a dark green skin and has give–but not mush–when you press it, for easy mixing. If it’s still bright and has no give, you can set it in a paper bag on your counter and let it ripen for a day or two.
More on Madame Noire!
- Way Before That Hiatus From Music: 9 Big Songs You Probably Didn't Know Keri Hilson Wrote
- Baseball Cuties You've Been Sleeping On
- Embrace Your Natural You -- Hair, Body, And Soul: 15 Ways To Fall In Love With Ourselves
- No One Is Immune: Famous Men And Women Who've Had Mastectomies
- It Might Not Be So Bad...How To Handle Being Set Up
- 'Oh Hell Naw!' Interesting Moments From Last Night's Episode Of LHHATL
- Bridal Rachetness: The Most Notorious Black Bridezillas
Mommy In Chief
His voice is so smooth.Read More
With Father’s Day right around the corner, we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to chat with some celebrity dads about what that day means to them.Read More
Comments that contain profane or derogatory language, video links or exceed 200 words will require approval by a moderator before appearing in the comment section. XOXO-MN