Every time I watch TV One’s new hit show “R&B Divas,” cast member Nicci Gilbert seems to fanning the rumor flame that her attitude is going to find her without a spot on the show for the second season. Since that news hit the net, the producers of the show have shut down that claim saying Nicci isn’t going anywhere, but last night there was definitely some e-tension brewing that could suggest otherwise.
If you caught last night’s episode, you’d notice how Nicci again brought the funked up mood into the room when Keke Wyatt was talking about going to therapy. Nicci wasn’t to comfortable having that discussion over cocktails and she didn’t hesitate to let that be known — in her own “special” way. Shortly after, her publicist tried to do some damage control online, and that’s when the drama ensued:
To Nicci’s credit, there are a slew of tweets on her timeline with her acknowledging she may not always put her best foot forward on TV, like:
I.need my.followers who know ME to lift me in prayer and positibe energy…The DEVIL IS A LIAR!!!!!!
I have to rememer that ITS NOT ABOUT ME.Its about my friends having this platform to share their stories and uplift people..Happy bout that
God knows my heart…
But the whole “it’s the editors fault” line is getting extra tired. Unfortunately, not tired enough for Nicci to keep running with it, as she wrote early this morning:
No apologies needed for responding to my portrayal if I didnt know Me I would react the same way. I find peace in knowing the TRUTH
I guess that means we shouldn’t believe her divatude is what landed her a spot on a show appropriately titled “R&BDivas.” Hmmm. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Soul Food”
- Did You Know? 14 Black Celebrities Who Adopted or Were Adopted
- Just Another Thing That Gets Better With Age: Why It’s NOT Impossible To Make New Friends As You Get Older
- Is There A Right Way To Demand A Paternity Test?
- I Know You Didn’t Just Say Dutch: Why Women Should NOT Split The Tab On A First Date
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By