Chad better be counting his lucky stars because he’ll be able to spend that time he says he wants to devote to working on himself outside the bars of a jail cell. This morning the former Miami Dolphin and ex-husband of Evelyn Lozada was sentenced in the domestic battery case against the “Basketball Wife” and he got off pretty easy. According to TMZ:
Chad showed up to a Florida courtroom for his sentencing this morning, where he pled “no contest” to a charge of domestic battery, stemming from the violent August 11th argument with Lozada over a condom receipt.
In exchange for the plea, Chad escaped a jail sentence — but was sentenced to 12 months probation and ordered to enroll in a batterers intervention program.
The judge also issued a no-contact order for the duration of his probation, blocking Chad from contacting Evelyn in any way — no email, no Twitter, no nothing.
Chad was also ordered to pay restitution — but the amount won’t be determined ’til next week.
Considering Chad has lost virtually everything else except his freedom, he ought to still have gleamed some sort of lesson from this situation. Let’s hope.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 8 Sassy And Silly Sidekicks From Some Of Our Favorite Black Sitcoms
- Finding Food In Your Bra And 6 Other Big-Breasted Girl Problems
- Do We Allow Men To Be The Fathers We Ask Them To Be?
- True Story: I Dated A Man With Horribly Bad Breath And Lived To Write About It
- True Life: My Birth Control Gave Me Crazy Side Effects
- Nobody Likes A Negative Nancy: Are You Optimistic About Dating?
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By