Online dating is a great idea for many different reasons and for many people. But don’t be fooled by ad campaigns that suggest that everyone on dating sites are there to find true love, or that some computer system can match you perfectly with the partner of your dreams.
The biggest issue with online dating sites is that they all start with a user-generated profile. Let’s face it: most people don’t tell the truth about themselves online. They are certainly not going to own up to the fact that they really don’t want a long term relationship, and are looking to just hook up.
Some online lies are obvious. Many people fudge their statistics a bit, shaving off a few pounds, a few years, adding a few inches, boosting their professional accomplishments or their personal achievements. Fudging the truth online in this manner has practically become expectable.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: How Do I Tell Him The Sex Is Wack?
- Bypass The Bitter: How To Get Over Your Relationship Gracefully
- True Story: I Dated A Man With Horribly Bad Breath And Lived To Write About It
- Lady Jaguars: 10 Famous Women Who Attended Spelman College
- “Baby Hair, Don’t Care”: Andrea Kelly Says If She Could Leave R Kelly, You Can Walk Away Too
- The Thirst Files: She Pulled A Disappearing Act, I Got Desperate