A lot of Lauryn Hill fans have a bit of a bone to pick with Wyclef now that they’ve gotten word of his new memoir and the details about the questionable paternity of the singer’s first son, Zion, included therein. Yesterday, Wendy Williams got Wyclef to have a little seat on her couch and explain why he was digging all this dirt up 12 years later, and when Wendy asked the former Fugees member if he gave L-Boogie a heads up about the book, he said this:
No I didn’t call Lauryn because Lauryn knows the story. There’s over a thousand people who know this story. What I wanted history to document was the truth.
When Lauryn did “The Miseducation there were a lot of Lauryn Hill fans saying, “Clef done broke Lauryn Hill’s heart.” After Wyclef Jean, Lauryn had five kids and my responsibility is to apologize for sins in my twenties, but we all have to move forward as adults. If you read the entire book, I am not disrespecting Lauryn in any form, in any sense.
Wyclef went on to say that the chances of the Fugees getting back together after all of this drama are slim to none, and also said he doesn’t have any contact with Lauryn Hill at all — just as his wife would have it. According to him, in his book he’s just telling his own truth.
Are you going to check out Wyclef’s “Purpose” memoir?
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know They Dated (Part IV)? 14 Celeb Couples We Were VERY Surprised By
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: How Do I Tell Him The Sex Is Wack?
- Bypass The Bitter: How To Get Over Your Relationship Gracefully
- True Story: I Dated A Man With Horribly Bad Breath And Lived To Write About It
- Lady Jaguars: 10 Famous Women Who Attended Spelman College
- “Baby Hair, Don’t Care”: Andrea Kelly Says If She Could Leave R Kelly, You Can Walk Away Too
- The Thirst Files: She Pulled A Disappearing Act, I Got Desperate