In honor of National Singles Week, I’d like to throw this out there: Being unattached has some serious perks. My friends and I are all in our early 20s, so we’re at varying relationship stages. Some are engaged, some (like myself) are in long-term relationships, some are playing the field and others are living (and loving) the single life.
And man, sometimes I just get jealous of the single ones.
I haven’t been paired up for too long; my boyfriend and I are learning new things about one another every day. And though I’m very happy in my relationship (thank you very much!) I was plenty happy when I was single, too, and there are many things I miss. Here’s a list that should aptly be titled “My boyfriend might break up with me after reading this.”
1. Flirting. Or, more specifically, flirting without shame or regret.
2. The chase. The biggest chase that will happen in a relationship is likely when your boyfriend steals the remote during an ABC Family screening of The Notebook.
3. The remote control. Speaking of the remote. Honey, I love you, but I don’t want to watch footballall of the time.
Read more at: yourtango.com
More on Madame Noire!
- Okay, I’ll Submit. But Are You Ready To Love Me? (You Know, Like Christ Loved The Church)
- An Open Letter To The Almighty Goatee
- It’s Not About You Boo: Times When Your Sensitivity Gets In The Way
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “How Stella Got Her Groove Back”
- “Girl, You’ve Got a Big ‘Ol Juicy Booty!” 7 Ways Men Hurt Their Chances With Women
- The Danger Of Marrying For Practical Purposes: Why I Think Those Who “Settle” Are Potential Cheaters
- The Thirst Files: She Pulled A Disappearing Act, I Got Desperate