Bey and Jay Raise $4 Million for President Obama
A group of about 100 people gathered at the 40/40 Club last night where Jay Z and Beyonce hosted a $40,000 per head fundraiser for President Obama, raising a total of about $4 million. On the menu: champagne and sliders. You can see a couple of Instagram shots of Bey dressed for the event here.
The Washington Post has got a pretty good wrap-up, based on what the reporters were allowed to see. Journalists are shown the door after some prepared remarks and before the donors in the room are given the mic to ask questions. Unlike Romney’s now infamous statements about the “47 percent,” Obama stuck with positive remarks, thanking Beyonce for being a good role model and talking about the “bond” between he and Hova because their wives are more popular than they are.
The money raised at this fundraiser and another earlier event at the Waldorf-Astoria, which cost $12,500 per family and was attended by 200 donors, will go to a number of Democratic causes including the DNC and the Obama Victory Fund. There will be one more “Dinner with Barack” event, open to donors giving as little as $5.
More on Madame Noire Business!
- Census Shows 27.6 Percent of Black Americans Live in Poverty
- No to OWS: Jay Says He Never Supported Occupy Wall Street Movement
- Vh1’s Jackie Christie and Stylist Rochelle Moseley Encourage Next Generation of Entrepreneurs
- Put Your Pride Aside: Why You Should Take The Job You Need Until You Can Get The One You Want
- Celebrities, Freebies and (Maybe) Some Shopping: A Look at Fashion’s Night Out
- Vogue’s First Fashion Week In Africa Highlights Renewed Interest in the Continent