Move Over Cee-Lo: Usher’s Taking His Spot On “The Voice”
While “American Idol” is going the cooky route to attract viewers, “The Voice” is opting for something much simpler, eye candy. NBC just announced that Shakira and Usher will be joining their hit reality singing competition show, taking the spots currently held by Christina Aguilera and Cee-Lo.
The move isn’t necessarily permanent, but more so a measure to allow Chrissy and Cee to focus on other projects, like new music for both artists and even a sitcom Cee-Lo is developing for the network. NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt said in a statement that NBC is more than happy to have two amazing performers step in for them.
“We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to ‘The Voice.’ Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time, and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and CeeLo. The participants on our show benefit from our coaches’ expertise and their continued success in the music business allows for significant new contributions to the contestants when they return.”
Adam Levine and Blake Shelton will still retain their spots on “The Voice” judging panel so it will be interesting to see how this group measures up against Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban, and Randy Jackson, who’s apparently back in the game, on “American Idol,” and Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell on “X Factor.”
What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “How Stella Got Her Groove Back”
- I’ll Be Moving On: How I Stopped Ugly Crying And Reminiscing And Finally Got Over Him
- “Girl, You’ve Got a Big ‘Ol Juicy Booty!” 7 Ways Men Hurt Their Chances With Women
- What’s The Statute Of Limitations On Blaming Your Childhood For Your Actions As An Adult?
- Lessons From A Recovering Addict: How I Got Over My Past Loves
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Stop Searching For Him
- Is Ryan Gosling Singing Jodeci!? 9 White Celebrities And Their “Blackest” Moments