So Tragic: Man Who Murdered Niecy Nash’s Brother Stabs Wife To Death
Convicted killer Robert Lee Heard is certainly making the case for life sentences. The 35-year-old Louisiana man who killed the brother of actress Niecy Nash nearly 20 years ago and was convicted of attempted murder sometime thereafter, struck again this weekend when he stabbed his wife to death. TMZ broke down the story, reporting:
Robert Lee Heard was arrested Saturday in Shreveport, LA for allegedly stabbing and killing his 35-year-old wife Demetra Doyle Heard.
In 1993 a 16-year-old Heard was convicted of shooting and killing Nash’s brother, Michael Ensley, at a Reseda, CA high school. He was committed to a juvenile corrections facility until 2002.
Then in 2003, he was convicted of attempted first-degree murder and sent to prison … but was released in 2011. That is until this weekend … when police found his wife stabbed to death.
Nash tells TMZ … “No family should have to endure the loss of a loved one at the hands of a previously convicted violent criminal.”
Nash added,”I am deeply saddened to hear that the man who murdered my brother, Michael Ensley, has been charged with murder again.”
And Nash went on … saying “I grieve for every family who has been victimized by this heinous individual. My prayers and love go out to the family of Demetra Doyle Heard during this trying time.”
What’s even more twisted about this story, is according to KLFY News, the home where the stabbing occurred is the same house where another murderer, Gerald Bellard, beat Delores Wilkes to death just 18 months prior in March 2011. The murders are unrelated but an eerie coincidence for those in the neighborhood, like Anna Belle Godfrey, who lived next to the Heards.
“It just didn’t seem likely it would come to this,” she told the news station. “They was always together, riding around, seemed happy, you know?”
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making Of “How Stella Got Her Groove Back”
- I’ll Be Moving On: How I Stopped Ugly Crying And Reminiscing And Finally Got Over Him
- “Girl, You’ve Got a Big ‘Ol Juicy Booty!” 7 Ways Men Hurt Their Chances With Women
- What’s The Statute Of Limitations On Blaming Your Childhood For Your Actions As An Adult?
- Lessons From A Recovering Addict: How I Got Over My Past Loves
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Stop Searching For Him
- Is Ryan Gosling Singing Jodeci!? 9 White Celebrities And Their “Blackest” Moments