With Willow and Jaden Smith on every screen and radio possible singing, rapping, dancing and acting, it was kind of nice to look at Will Smith’s elder son, Trey, the cute kid from the “Just The Two Of Us” video with Will, and see that he preferred to stay out of the spotlight. You know, be a regular kid who just focused on school, played football and appeared as the supportive kid, not the mini mogul in the making.
But surprise! At 20, Trey has decided to make his mark in music as well, but as a DJ, following the route of other famous youngsters like Connor Cruise (Tom’s son), and naming himself DJ AcE. The eldest Smith child dropped the track “Find You Somewhere,” a song where his younger brother spits some teen angst-like lyrics and his little sister sings the simple hook (“I…think I can find you soooomewhere…DANCE!”). Of course, they showcase some dancing skills in the video, with Willow doing ballet and the young siblings showing off some slick footwork for the cameras. I do need Jaden to keep his shirt on though…
Oh, by the way, their mother, Jada Pinkett Smith, directed the dance-heavy track, so yes, it really is a family affair. As my colleague would say, “It pays to be rich!” Want to make a video real quick? Your mom can direct it! Clearly I’m jealous.
All in all, the track is not bad, and it seems like the three Smith kids are trying to get their David Guetta on while keeping things PG-13 (“And the orange juice is still pourin’”) on the track about finding love. And can we all agree that Willow has a pretty great voice? I could live with seeing this joint just once, but I appreciate the effort. What about you?
Is this a pass or play for you?
More on Madame Noire!
- Is Ryan Gosling Singing Jodeci!? 9 White Celebrities And Their “Blackest” Moments
- Handle That For Me! Why I Want Him To Plan The Dates
- You Already Know Black Don’t Crack:15 Female Celebs Who Are Over 40 But Don’t Look It
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Are You A Rebound Queen? How To Tell If You’re Moving Too Fast…
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Stop Searching For Him
- Ways to Wear Wine: Fall’s Hue Du Jour