With the recent announcement of the new iPhone5, we’re all talking about how technology affects our lives. Most people have strong opinions, especially about the effect of technology on our relationships. I’ve said it regarding Facebook, and I’ll say it again: It’s not the technology; it’s how we use it. Facebook Doesn’t Ruin Relationships, People Do.
I’ll admit, I still love my old iPhone3GS, and I’ve just ordered the new iPhone5. But some of the newer features have me wondering what troubles they’ve been causing in relationships, and what new troubles we’ll see with features of iOS 6.
This first feature strikes a chord with me because I’m pretty sure my ex-boyfriend designed it. It’s an iPhone feature that lets you ignore a call and reply with prewritten text. Although, instead of “Can’t talk right now…” his version of the auto text would probably say “I’m watching television, and I don’t feel like even saying hello to you right now…” Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great feature, and I could see how it would be practical in many situations. But I’m sure his new girlfriend won’t be a fan.
Read more at YourTango.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- Is Ryan Gosling Singing Jodeci!? 9 White Celebrities And Their “Blackest” Moments
- Handle That For Me! Why I Want Him To Plan The Dates
- You Already Know Black Don’t Crack:15 Female Celebs Who Are Over 40 But Don’t Look It
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Are You A Rebound Queen? How To Tell If You’re Moving Too Fast…
- An Open Letter to My Single Sistas: Stop Searching For Him
- Ways to Wear Wine: Fall’s Hue Du Jour