It’s been nearly five years since Kanye lost his mother Dr. Donda West to complications associated with surgery. We know that Kanye was a mama’s boy but what we didn’t know is that some of his rapping skills actually came from his late mother. In the video above, which we originally saw posted on Billboard via Pigeons and Planes, we see Ms. West rapping to one of her favorite songs by her son in 2003. At one point, they rap along together to that old song, which obviously contains some lyrics written by her son during his pre-fame days. From what we can hear, it is pretty great lyrically and we hope he records it in the future. In any case, check out the adorable creative session between mother and son.
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Something Crazy Happened At The Club…
- Overusing The B-Word: Is Bullying A New Catchphrase?
- The Bald And The Beautiful: 11 Sistahs Who Make Us Want To Do A BIG Chop
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Gossip, Betrayal and Lies: Are Women Really Meaner To Each Other Than Men Are?
- Nails Done, Hair Done, Everything Big? What Men Love and Don’t Care About When It Comes To Your Appearance
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past