Try as some may have to quell Ciara’s voice (and her love for doing back bends), you can’t hold a good woman down. The singer has stepped back onto the scene with a new video for her song “Sorry.” If you were looking for something fast with a whole lot of dance-heavy visuals, you’re in the wrong place (you might want to try one of her older joints like “Ride”), but don’t worry, she’s moving and grooving in this new video, but more in the way of grinding on the ground and winding. Paired with one of our favorite pieces of eye candy, Broderick Hunter, Ci-Ci goes from room to room (and roof), singing sadly about a love that slipped through her fingers, promises that weren’t kept and the ring that’s supposed to be on her finger (50, what did you do!? Kidding!). The two have interesting chemistry, and the choreography is hot, even for a slower track, and all-around, I don’t think it’s a bad song or video (she even manages to pull some real tears out…). However, I still want this chick to work on her vocals. Her voice comes off so thin sometimes in the song that it sounds like she has a sore throat, and that’s not what’s hot for my ears. However, I can still see this being a favorite on black radio–especially during the “Whispers in the Dark,” meets “Quiet Storm” meets “Smooth Jams” hours *winks*
But I’ll let you check it out and form your own opinions. Is Ciara back!? Or is this a pass for you?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Something Crazy Happened At The Club…
- Overusing The B-Word: Is Bullying A New Catchphrase?
- The Bald And The Beautiful: 11 Sistahs Who Make Us Want To Do A BIG Chop
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Gossip, Betrayal and Lies: Are Women Really Meaner To Each Other Than Men Are?
- Nails Done, Hair Done, Everything Big? What Men Love and Don’t Care About When It Comes To Your Appearance
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past