Dr. Phil might be taking a few pointers from his boss when it comes to exclusive interviews. Earlier this week, the daytime talk show host spoke with friends of George Zimmerman, the man currently awaiting trial for the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, and today Dr. Phil will talk to the parents of the teen many feel was killed in cold blood, Sabrina Fulton and Tracy Martin.
The interview is beyond emotional as the parents relay their memories of their son, and more tragically, relive the moment they found out their son had been killed and how they’ve handled his vilification in contrast with the support George Zimmerman has received from some. At one point in the discussion, Sabrina told Dr. Phil:
“Trayvon was my baby. It almost feels like I’m missing an arm. I actually think I’m on the verge of a nervous breakdown, but I pray every day that God strengthens me and continues to help me move on, because I cannot think of anything worse that could possibly happen to me, besides one of my boys being murdered.”
Dr Phil provides words of comfort for the nearly inconsolable parents, telling them they have to let go of regrets. He told Sabrina:
“You’re going to hurt. That pain is normal, but you’re not going to have a nervous breakdown. I see too much depth in your soul.”
As for Tracy, Dr. Phil reminded him:
“You’ve got to forgive yourself. Recognize the fact that your job as a father — our jobs as fathers — is to be providers, protectors, teachers and leaders. You did all of those things.”
Check out a few clips of the show which airs today. What do you think?
More on Madame Noire!
- True Life: Something Crazy Happened At The Club…
- Overusing The B-Word: Is Bullying A New Catchphrase?
- The Bald And The Beautiful: 11 Sistahs Who Make Us Want To Do A BIG Chop
- Where Are They Now? The Women of “Real Chance of Love”
- Gossip, Betrayal and Lies: Are Women Really Meaner To Each Other Than Men Are?
- Nails Done, Hair Done, Everything Big? What Men Love and Don’t Care About When It Comes To Your Appearance
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past