Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada are one step closer to being Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada, as in separate, unmarried, single entities. Though Chad initially resisted the reality that his marriage was in a junk yard somewhere, walking around in t-shirts with subtle love messages, tatting Evelyn’s face on his leg, and mentioning her in his Twitter Bio, according to TMZ, he’s finally woken up and smelled the coffee. Or the stench of a jail, considering he was officially charged with domestic battery yesterday. Either way, the site says Chad has filed his own divorce papers, recognizing that his 30-something-day marriage to Evelyn is “irrevocably broken.”
Johnson filed the papers yesterday in a Florida court … in response to the docs Evelyn filed back on August 14. In his papers, Chad admits the two have a prenup that he believes should be enforced — especially the part about who pays for the lawyers.
According to the docs, Johnson wants a judge to BLOCK Evelyn’s request that Chad foot the bill for her legal fees … citing a provision in the prenup in which the two sides agreed to pay their own way if they were to split up.
The divorce has not been finalized yet … but at this point, it’s only a matter of time … and sources close to Evelyn tell us she’s “ecstatic” and ready to move on.
Anyone else see “Ev: Life After Ohco” headed to a VH1 channel near you?
More on Madame Noire!
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past
- Dangling Legs & 6 Other Short Girl Problems
- Age Ain’t Nothin’ But A Number: How I Learned That Finding Love Has No Expiration Date
- Knowing The Difference Between What A Man Puts You Through And What You Allow Him To Put You Through
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- Life Is Not Good: Why Nas And Kelis Need To Get Back Together