Like Father, Like Son: Coolio’s Kid Sentenced Up To 10 Years For Robbery With A Prostitute
Coolio’s adult son Grtis has taken after his father in more ways than one, and unfortunately they’re not all good. The 22-year old has just been given a hefty prison sentence stemming from a 2011 incident and from the time he was given, it will be a good while before he sees life from outside prison bars.
A rep for the Clark County District Attorney’s office tells TMZ, 22-year-old Grtis was sentenced to serve between 42-120 months in prison — meaning he has to serve at LEAST 42 months … but if the Nevada Department of Corrections finds good reason, it can hold him for up to 10 years.
As we first reported, Ivey was arrested on November 14, 2011 for busting into a Las Vegas apartment with a gun and forcing the tenant into the bathroom … while his female prostitute friend ransacked the place.
Ivey agreed to plead guilty to felony robbery — and in exchange, prosecutors dropped the remaining felony charges.
Ivey has been in custody since his arrest and will receive credit for time served.
Just two years ago, big daddy Coolio was looking at prison time himself when a judge issued a $10,000 bench warrant when he failed to show up in court. Coolio was able to escape arrest but his son hasn’t been so lucky. Hopefully they can both get it together over the next 42 months.
- Ask A Very Smart Brotha: Why Kim K. Pulls High Profile Men Despite Her Sexual Past
- Dangling Legs & 6 Other Short Girl Problems
- Age Ain’t Nothin’ But A Number: How I Learned That Finding Love Has No Expiration Date
- Knowing The Difference Between What A Man Puts You Through And What You Allow Him To Put You Through
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- Life Is Not Good: Why Nas And Kelis Need To Get Back Together