There’s no going back now that Chad Johnson has officially been charged with one count of misdemeanor domestic battery. According to USA Today:
“The Broward State Attorney’s Office filed the charge Wednesday. Johnson faces up to a year in county jail.”
Chad is scheduled to be arraigned Thursday morning where he will file a written plea of not guilty. After that, it will be up to his lawyer to come up with a good defense for why Chad shouldn’t do time. There’s no telling at this stage whether Chad could plead out in this case involving reality TV star Evelyn Lozada like he did in 2000 when he was arrested for hitting his then-girlfriend. At that time, NBC Sports says he was able to work out a deal in which he avoided jail time by spending 30 days cleaning up graffiti, getting counseling, and staying 100 yards away from the victim, as well as serving three years of probation. That deal may have worked for a first offender, but now with a second similar offense, a judge might not be so quick to take it easy on Chad. Rest assured we’ll be watching this unfold.
More on Madame Noire!
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- A Note On Overanxious People Who Like To Blow Other Folk’s Relationships Up: Can We Live?!
- Are We As A People Really Better Off Now Than Four Years Ago?
- Nene Has Some Much-Needed Advice For Evelyn: “Be Quiet”
- I Used To Love Her: The Search For The Next Lauryn