Anybody else excited about the Steel Magnolias remake? Initially, I wasn’t, being that I’m not a fan of remakes, especially ones of really, really good movies. But I’m always down to support the sistahs! Especially Queen La. Latifah, who is a producer for the Lifetime remake, has released promotional pictures of all the ladies dolled up. The movie is set to debut on the Lifetime Network on October 7, and stars not only Queen Latifah (as M’Lynn), but Alfre Woodard (as Ouiser), Phylicia Rashad (as Clairee), Jill Scott (as Truvy), Condola Rashad, Phylicia’s daughter (as Shelby) and Adepero Oduye, of Pariah fame (as Annelle). Check them out:
That hair on Queen = FRESH. She looks like she stepped straight out of a CoverGirl ad.
As pretty as that blue dress is on Alfre, she looks stunning in this gold gown.
Work Adepero! And the hair is looking wonderful as well. Can a sistah get some product recommendations please?
Both Phylicia and Condola look beautiful. And Condola is her father’s twin (Ahmad Rashad)!
Heeeeeey Jilly, girl! Looking good!
So are you excited about the remake? Will you be tuning in?
*Photos courtesy of Gossipwelove.com and Mylifetime.com.
More on Madame Noire!
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- A Note On Overanxious People Who Like To Blow Other Folk’s Relationships Up: Can We Live?!
- Are We As A People Really Better Off Now Than Four Years Ago?
- Nene Has Some Much-Needed Advice For Evelyn: “Be Quiet”
- I Used To Love Her: The Search For The Next Lauryn