From The Grio
Rev. Jesse Jackson would perform a same sex marriage if he was asked to. During last week’s Democratic National Convention, Jackson told conservative outlet Human Events that he sees “no problem” with gay marriage.
“Beginning with the Voting Rights Act of 1965, to the inclusion of blacks, Hispanics, 18-year-olds, and women, opportunities are now unlimited,” Jackson said.
When asked if he would perform a marriage ceremony between two people of the same gender, without hesitation he replied, “If was asked to.”
This spring, Jackson called for federal protections for gay marriage,s just as civil rights are protected by the federal government.
Read more at The Grio
More on Madame Noire!
- #RealTalk: The Reasons Why You Attract Douchebags
- A Note On Overanxious People Who Like To Blow Other Folk’s Relationships Up: Can We Live?!
- Are We As A People Really Better Off Now Than Four Years Ago?
- Nene Has Some Much-Needed Advice For Evelyn: “Be Quiet”
- I Used To Love Her: The Search For The Next Lauryn
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- We’re Listening! Oprah’s Mane Man Andre Walker Discusses The 10 Hair Products Every Woman Should Own