This little tidbit might top Nene’s classic advice on the very first reunion of the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” when she told Kim to close her married legs to married men. This time around though, Nene is suggesting another wife of sorts close something else, her mouth.
In an interview about all of her latest dealings, Essence caught up with Ms. Leakes to get the rundown on her shoe line, her new television show, and her “glam-baby,” (granddaughter) as she calls her. But the mag also asked Nene, as a survivor of domestic violence, how she feels about the current situation between Chad Johnson and Evelyn Lozada. The real housewife of the ATL who is never one to hold her tongue had this to say:
“I wanted to reach out to her, but I didn’t. I feel like when people are going through something I’m confused about whether I should say something or not, because so many people are saying stuff to them. I don’t talk to Evelyn regularly, but I do know her, we do text if we need something from another. The only advice I would have for Evelyn is to be quiet. I wouldn’t say anything else. To me, it makes matters worse and I would be quiet and try to it handle privately.”
Hallelujah, praise God, thank you Jesus. ya’ll kn ow It was about time somebody said it (publicly).
Evelyn has been running to every news outlet she possibly can to tell her story making any ounce of sympathy anyone had for her virtually diminish and turning the reality TV star into a seeming opportunist rather than a victim. Besides, we all need time to process our emotions when something that traumatic happens. The way you feel two and three weeks after an incident like that is going to be very different from how you feel six months or a year later. It’s emotionally irresponsible to speak so publicly about something so private so soon. Nevertheless, I’m sure we can count on Evelyn to give us the exclusive down the line if and when she changes her mind about staying with or leaving Chad.
Check out the rest of Nene’s interview here. What do you think about her advice for Evelyn?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- It’s Not Right, But I Understand: Man Murders Girlfriend After She Tells Him She’s HIV Positive
- A Word On Chilli And The Princess Complex: Prince Charmings Only Exist In Fairy Tales
- Why I Had To Unfollow Some Annoying, Rant-a-Holic Friends On Social Media To Stay Sane
- Girl You Know It’s True: Girl Codes That You May Not Have Known About
- Aren’t They Adorable? Baby Photos of 15 Of Our Favorite Black Celebs
- We’re Listening! Oprah’s Mane Man Andre Walker Discusses The 10 Hair Products Every Woman Should Own