Talk is cheap, which is why political speeches have never really been appealing to me. However, Michelle Obama’s speech during the Democratic National Convention really got me thinking. Not so much about taxes, health reform and the election, but about love. So here, I declare my radical political stance: Barack and Michelle have my dream relationship. Their actions, words—and even their innuendo—have built my standard of what makes for a healthy and enduring marriage.
As the first lady stood up there telling a story about life as a newlywed with Barack (“We were so young, so in love, so in debt,” she blushed), I sank into the couch mesmerized. It was the first time in a long time that I’d heard the term “so in love” without wanting to roll my eyes.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- It’s Not Right, But I Understand: Man Murders Girlfriend After She Tells Him She’s HIV Positive
- A Word On Chilli And The Princess Complex: Prince Charmings Only Exist In Fairy Tales
- Why I Had To Unfollow Some Annoying, Rant-a-Holic Friends On Social Media To Stay Sane
- Girl You Know It’s True: Girl Codes That You May Not Have Known About
- Aren’t They Adorable? Baby Photos of 15 Of Our Favorite Black Celebs
- We’re Listening! Oprah’s Mane Man Andre Walker Discusses The 10 Hair Products Every Woman Should Own