From The Grio
Actress Tasha Smith currently stars in Tyler Perry’s hit TBS sitcom For Better or Worse. On the show she plays Angela Williams, a character made popular in Perry’s Why Did I Get Married? film and its sequel.
During a recent interview with theGrio’s Chris Witherspoon, Smith talked about how she is a multi-talented entrepreneur with numerous business ventures in the works, including a fragrance, acting workshop, wig line and speaker’s bureau. She revealed that a lot of her inspiration comes from Perry.
“I learn a lot from him and he is so inspirational and has been such a support system with me. He always encourages me to go and do what God called me to do, and to have faith,” Smith said.
The Jumping the Broom star also revealed that her dream role is to play Donna Summer is a movie biopic.
Read more at The Grio
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- It’s Not Right, But I Understand: Man Murders Girlfriend After She Tells Him She’s HIV Positive
- A Word On Chilli And The Princess Complex: Prince Charmings Only Exist In Fairy Tales
- Why I Had To Unfollow Some Annoying, Rant-a-Holic Friends On Social Media To Stay Sane
- Girl You Know It’s True: Girl Codes That You May Not Have Known About
- Aren’t They Adorable? Baby Photos of 15 Of Our Favorite Black Celebs
- We’re Listening! Oprah’s Mane Man Andre Walker Discusses The 10 Hair Products Every Woman Should Own