I don’t know who I’m shaking my head at more, French Montana for letting money and 3 minutes of fame go to his head, or his wife for telling all their business on Twitter, but just know that my head is rapidly moving from left to right.
Just for a little background info, French Montana is a Moroccan-born rapper (real name Karim Kharbouch) on Rick Ross’s MMG label whose song “Pop That” you might be familiar with. Deen Kharbouch is the woman he married in 2007 at the age of 22 and with whom he has a son, and it seems will soon be divorcing from the Twitter rant she went on yesterday which she clearly wanted to be leaked.
According to the YBF, what set Deen off was an interview French did with The Boombox over the weekend. In the rapper’s mind, he and his wife have been separated for some time, in her head he peaced out on his family because of his new-found fame. Speaking on his marriage, he told the site:
“Man, I couldn’t do it; that’s why we got separated. At first it was smooth, but then as much as people think that money changes you, it’s changing them around you. A person ain’t gonna treat you the same now that they think that you think you somebody.”
Then the real reason for the split comes out in the next sentence when he says:
“You around so many beautiful women, that’s a conflict too,” he says. “It’s just about finding somebody that understand the game, what you’re into. But then on the flip side of the coin, you gotta understand their game, what they into … There’s a flip side to everything
“You can’t expect to make all this money and not go through problems. You can’t expect God to give you everything you want without taking something away.”
Um did God take it away or did he throw it away? I don’t know this man from Adam, but I’m not a fan of using God as a reason for why something is gone when it was most likely your own actions. Just sayin.’
Neither French nor his wife has blatantly mentioned the d-word in regard to their future, but the writing would appear to be all over the wall. Hope the fame and beautiful women were worth it.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind The Making of “Do The Right Thing”
- It’s Not Right, But I Understand: Man Murders Girlfriend After She Tells Him She’s HIV Positive
- A Word On Chilli And The Princess Complex: Prince Charmings Only Exist In Fairy Tales
- Why I Had To Unfollow Some Annoying, Rant-a-Holic Friends On Social Media To Stay Sane
- Girl You Know It’s True: Girl Codes That You May Not Have Known About
- Aren’t They Adorable? Baby Photos of 15 Of Our Favorite Black Celebs
- We’re Listening! Oprah’s Mane Man Andre Walker Discusses The 10 Hair Products Every Woman Should Own