Is This Fair? Zimmerman’s Defense Seeks Trayvon Martin’s School Records
Defense lawyers are seeking the school records of Trayvon Martin, the teenager shot to death earlier this year by George Zimmerman in a confrontation at a gated community in Florida, reports the Los Angeles Times. Zimmerman is facing a second-degree murder charge in the case.
In a post on the defense website, Zimmerman’s lawyers said they have sent subpoenas to schools attended by Martin, 17, who was killed Feb. 26. Zimmerman has maintained that he shot the unarmed Martin in self-defense.
“Our first request is a series of Subpoenas for Production of Documents requesting school records for Trayvon Martin,’’ according to the post by the law firm of Mark O’Mara, who represents Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer. The defense is also seeking posts by Martin on social media sites. Among the documents being sought are school discipline and suspension records.
More on Madame Noire!
- KISS & TELL: 6 Celebs Who Just Couldn’t Keep Their Business In The Bedroom!
- Hate Baby Mama Drama? Here’s How To Avoid It
- Where Are They Now? The Cast Of Baldwin Hills!
- Color Trends: 5 Fall 2012 Hues To Wear Now
- True Life: This is How He Got Me to Go Out With Him
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- People Telling You Not To Wear Heels And 6 Other Tall Girl Problems