Queen Latifah diversified her music portfolio–moving from rap to jazz–in 2004, but she had long before spread her talents around. Though her initial TV exposure was limited to Yo! MTV Raps, she quickly moved to acting, showing off both her comedic skills in sitcoms like Living Single and in dramatic fare like Set It Off. The Broadway chops she revealed in Chicago likely led to her role in Hairspray five years later. For all of the films and television work that she has done, The Queen has received numerous accolades and award nominations, earning her rightful place on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Oh, but we’re…I mean, she’s not done: Please add spokeswoman for Jenny Craig, Pizza Hut, Curvation, and CoverGirl to her curriculum vitae. She actually designed her own line for CoverGirl as well as a fragrance titled, fittingly, “Queen.” All hail the hustle! Source
Read more at StyleBlazer
More on Madame Noire!
- People Telling You Not To Wear Heels And 6 Other Tall Girl Problems
- True Life: This is How He Got Me to Go Out With Him
- Where Are They Now? The Cast Of Baldwin Hills!
- Is Venus Williams Really a Sex Addict?
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)