Engaged? Here Are 5 Signs Indicating That You May Need To Call Off Your Wedding
You would be surprised how many women going through divorces tell me they knew they were making a mistake when they walked down the aisle — in more recent headlines, Kim Kardashian even shared this similar sentiment. Below are five warning signs you may want to consider before saying “I do.”
1. You don’t get along with his family. Manycouples go through with weddings hoping all the family stuff will “just work out.” Don’t fall into this trap because it seldom does. In fact, issues with in-laws tend to get worse over time — especially when babies come along. If his family is causing a problem in your relationship before you’re married, you may want to give serious thought to calling off your wedding.
2. You’ve dated for less than a year. Most people are on their best behavior for the first twelve months of a relationship. After that, people tend to let their guard down a little bit and you get to see what a person is really like. This is important because ideally when you get married, you will be spending the rest of your lives together — you will need to know if your partner is someone you can live with on a day-to-day, long-term basis after the honeymoonphase of your relationship is over.
Read more at YourTango
More on Madame Noire!
- People Telling You Not To Wear Heels And 6 Other Tall Girl Problems
- True Life: This is How He Got Me to Go Out With Him
- Where Are They Now? The Cast Of Baldwin Hills!
- Is Venus Williams Really a Sex Addict?
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)