It wasn’t that long ago that Jill Scott was talking about being dickmatized by some man in her past and taking a little break from dating — or at least sex. Now it seems she might be ready to jump back on that horse and ride it out into the sunset of marital bliss. Aside from discussing her career and her fabulous new natural hair cut in the October issue of Essence, Jill also talked about what she’s looking for in a new fella.
“In my ideal world, he has to be doing what he loves, whether he makes as much as I do or not,” she told the mag.
“I need someone with some kids, somebody who works hard for them, loves them and is an active presence in their lives.”
Right now Jill is a single mother to her 3-year-old son Jett, but looking for a man who’s also a single father isn’t the only thing on her list. She needs all those superficial feel-good things us women like too.
“I like a man who smells good. Puts on cologne; lotions his body. It keeps me wanting. I like feeling that way.”
And most importantly, she added, ”I need to be able to pray with my man.”
Alright hot mama! Here’s hoping the 40-year-old finds what she’s looking for soon.
What do you think about Jill’s list?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- An Open Letter To Women Who Get Dressed Up And Go To Lounges To Stand Around And Mean Mug: Stay Home!
- Ladies, Beware Of The “Homie” Box
- Just Another Sad Love Song: The Soundtrack to My Love Life
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Z-Phi, Sooo Sweet! 11 Celeb Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)