Sorry, that was rude. It’s just Ashanti’s voice is average, at best, and she’s been having a tough time making another comeback on the music scene so it was time for her to secure some new streams of revenue, and thankfully she has.
Yesterday, the singer made an appearance on the “Today” show and announced her new gig as executive producer and co-host of a new program known as “Fuse News,” along with Elaine Moran and Alexa Chung in New York and Jack Osbourne based in Los Angeles. Ashanti says the show is sort of like MTV’s “TRL.”
“It’s basically a music news show that’s kinda filling the void,” she told Kathie Lee and Hoda Kotb. “This is something I think we’re going to pioneer and inject something back into music. This is something we’re going to pioneer and inject something back into music. We’ll be talking about album sales, iTunes, and maybe we’ll get a little bit into the relationships of who’s dating who. We’ll be watching new videos, new artists, performances, it’s going to be really cool.”
The show is expected to launch this fall and Ashanti says she’s very grateful for the opportunity to have her hands in something new. She’s also not done with her own music, adding that she’s still hard at work on her album “Braveheart.” Oh, and of course when she was asked about her own relationship status side-stepped that question like she was doing the cupid shuffle. Nelly Nell’s still got that on lock.
Check out her interview here. What do you think about her new show?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- An Open Letter To Women Who Get Dressed Up And Go To Lounges To Stand Around And Mean Mug: Stay Home!
- Ladies, Beware Of The “Homie” Box
- Just Another Sad Love Song: The Soundtrack to My Love Life
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Z-Phi, Sooo Sweet! 11 Celeb Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)