When people heard about what went down between Chad and Evelyn, everyone assumed that Jen was pointing and laughing from the outside thinking, “I told you so,” considering that Ev’s relationship with Chad was the basic reason the friends fell out. But in an interview with Hip Hollywood, Jen said she had quite the opposite reaction and even reached out to Evelyn after she heard the news.
“I did reach out to her just because when things like that happen, you just put all the other BS to the side. I wouldn’t want to see my worst enemy go through that,” she said.
“I was very distraught to hear that. I think everyone knows I was a big advocate against violence, regardless of whether it was domestic violence or whether it was women fighting.
“I don’t agree with violence. That isn’t how I was raised. I don’t think it’s right whether it’s on a TV show, or whether it’s in Starbucks or whether it’s in your home.”
Talk about being the bigger person. Evelyn did nothing but bash Jen the entire last season of “Basketball Wives” — and literally tried to bash her face in a couple of times. Though the two semi-reconciled on the reunion, it’s been clear things still aren’t quite back to normal. Now, Evelyn’s whole sense of normal has been turned upside down, but according to Jen:
“She’s trying to bounce back.”
Check out her full interview below. What do you think about what she said?
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- An Open Letter To Women Who Get Dressed Up And Go To Lounges To Stand Around And Mean Mug: Stay Home!
- Ladies, Beware Of The “Homie” Box
- Just Another Sad Love Song: The Soundtrack to My Love Life
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Z-Phi, Sooo Sweet! 11 Celeb Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)