Everyone’s favorite smooth movie villain may not be so smooth when it comes to the ladies. Actor Clifton Powell, better known as Pinky to the “Friday” fans, has been accused of raping a Louisiana woman last year and now she wants him to pay up.
Under the pseudonym Kiyante Myers, the woman filed a suit claiming Clifton raped her in a hotel room in August 2011. As TMZ reports:
According to the suit, Myers claims she initially consented to sex with Powell … but when it turned rough, she asked him to stop … and he refused.
Instead, she claims, Powell placed his hands over her face and raped her.
TMZ has learned … Myers went to cops about the incident last year … and an investigation was conducted. But cops didn’t feel there was enough evidence to prove Powell committed a crime and they closed the case against the actor.
Myers has now taken her claims to federal court in Louisiana, where she’s seeking damages in excess of $75k.
I don’t know about you, but $75,000 is awfully small compensation for being an alleged victim of such a heinous crime. Something seems a bit off with that claim, not to mention the fact that police dismissed the incident altogether.
Similarly, Clifton’s rep is dismissing the validity of Kiyante’s suit, saying:
“Mr. Powell absolutely denies these false accusations and plans on pursuing all legal remedies available to him against his accuser.”
Let’s hope the truth — whatever that is — prevails.
More on Madame Noire!
- Bet You Didn’t Know: Secrets Behind the Making of “Baby Boy”
- An Open Letter To Women Who Get Dressed Up And Go To Lounges To Stand Around And Mean Mug: Stay Home!
- Ladies, Beware Of The “Homie” Box
- Just Another Sad Love Song: The Soundtrack to My Love Life
- When Keeping It Swirl Goes Wrong: Why Are Black People Obsessed With Interracial Dating?
- Z-Phi, Sooo Sweet! 11 Celeb Members of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)