From The Grio
With Steve Harvey and Michael Strahan both scoring new daytime TV hosting gigs, it seems America has placed a wanted ad on the dating sites and is desperately seeking a black man over 6 feet tall who is charming, smart, and has a great sense of humor.
Steve Harvey’s eponymous new daytime talk show just premiered, and of course he kicked it off with the topic of relationships. His surprise best-selling book (surprise to me anyway) with the outrageously patriarchal title Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, shot to the top of every chart, he got a box-office smashing movie out of it, a couple follow-up books and he appeared on many shows from Oprah to Ellen Degeneres hawking his three-times-married relationship advice. His new daytime talk show is like a black male version of the Tyra Banks Show, but with a lot more intentional humor.
Read more at: The Grio
More on Madame Noire!
- Did You Know!? 9 Our Favorite Celebs of Cuban Descent (And Some Surprises!)
- That Is Not Normal! The Glorification Of Dysfunctional Relationships
- The Thirst Files: Nothing’s Wrong With A Little E-Flirting Between Two Married People, Right?
- Just Another Sad Love Song: The Soundtrack to My Love Life
- You Don’t Have To Be Wonder Woman: The Importance of Vulnerability In Relationships
- Signs He Will NEVER Be Into You
- Single Black Male: The 5 Steps to Approaching A Woman