It took nine years, i.e. too freaking long, but “Basketball Wives” star Tami Roman and her ex-husband have finally settled their child support drama.
According to TMZ:
Roman filed a lawsuit in New Jersey way back in 2005 against her ex, retired NBA star Kenny Anderson. Roman claimed he had stopped paying the court-ordered $8,500/month in child support for their two daughters — totaling $800k in missed payments.
Sources close to Tami tell TMZ … the two recently settled the case out of court. We’re told Tami received just south of what she was owed and will be paid incrementally through Kenny’s NBA retirement fund.
We’re told in return, all the warrants issued against Anderson for his unpaid child support were dropped.
It’s a shame Tami even had to file the lawsuit, which it looks like from TMZ’s timeline, it took her two years to even go through with. Apparently aside from taking care of his financial fatherly duties, Kenny is also coming around his two dauthers more and actually being an active parent in their lives. Maybe she can talk to “Real Housewives of Atlanta’s” Sheree about how to get those child support dollars out of Bob Whitfield.
More on Madame Noire!
- Unnecessary Adjustment: That Time I Compromised My Standards For A Relationship
- Where Are They Now? 11 Singers and Rappers Who Didn’t Blow Up Like We Thought They Would…
- Baby Geniuses: Snapshots Of 7 Of Our Favorite Black Child Prodigies
- OO-OOP! Did You Know These Celeb Women Are Deltas?
- You Don’t Have To Be Wonder Woman: The Importance of Vulnerability In Relationships
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- Love On Your Terms: Are Your Expectations Too High?