It’s been a while since we’ve seen a couple of our favorite black actors, Garcelle Beauvais and Isaiah Washington. Well, you’ll get a chance to see both of them this weekend as they star in David Talbert’s latest play, “Suddenly Single.” The play, which will air on BET this Sunday, is about Samantha Stone (Garcelle Beauvais), a smart and beautiful wife and mother, has been happily married to her high school sweetheart Sylvester Stone (Isaiah Washington) for seventeen years. On the day they’re set to move into their dream home, Sylvester confesses that he is leaving her for another woman. What do you do when the only man you’ve ever loved falls in love with another woman and leaves you suddenly single?
Check out this clip from the play below.
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, catch it on Sunday on BET and buy the DVD, which will be in stores September 4th.
More on Madame Noire!
- Where Are They Now? 11 Singers and Rappers Who Didn’t Blow Up Like We Thought They Would…
- What Would You Do? Should You Tell Your Child She’s a Victim of Rape?
- No Regrets: After You’ve Loved And Lost, Don’t Forget To Let It Go
- Is That Just The Way She Is? Keeping Standards High and Expectations Real With Your Friendships
- You Don’t Have To Be Wonder Woman: The Importance of Vulnerability In Relationships
- Bison Brothers: 10 Notable Men Who Attended Howard University
- True Life: I Settled In Love